New IAALS Website Highlights Issues, Projects, and Partners
Starting today, IAALS, the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System at the University of Denver, in partnership with NEWMEDIA, a Denver-based full-service website design and development agency, has a new online home to showcase its expanding portfolio of impactful work.
We’re only half way through 2015, but the year has already been one of the busiest on record for IAALS. Educating Tomorrow’s Lawyers wrapped its survey for Foundations for Practice, in which 24,000 lawyers across the country gave feedback on the skills, competencies and characteristics new lawyers need to succeed—with results to debut this fall at ETL’s annual conference. Honoring Families is exploring the experiences of self-represented litigants in family court to help the system meet their needs, as well as charting the future and expansion of our out-of-court divorce model. Quality Judges continues to lead the way in promoting impartiality and accountability in our courts—including judicial selection, evaluation, and retention—in partnership with Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. And Rule One is working to ensure that the new changes to the federal rules of procedure, along with state rules and pilot projects, are as impactful as possible in creating the just, speedy, and inexpensive courts of tomorrow.
The work we do is vast and complex, but our new website keeps it simple. Months of thoughtful research and design with our partners at NEWMEDIA went into creating IAALS’ new online home, at http://iaals.du.edu/, where users—whether they are judges, lawyers, law students, or members of the public hoping to see meaningful change in the legal system—can quickly learn more about what we have done, what we are doing and the impact we are having nationwide.
New Website Features:
- Issue-oriented material quickly places you within the subject matter you want, with visually-driven content to encourage deeper exploration.
- Project-focused content packages our work in an accessible way for every audience.
- Our many partners, both individuals and organizations, take a central role, as we acknowledge that our work is made possible by the support of countless dedicated stakeholders.
- Educating Tomorrow’s Lawyers’ old website is brought into the IAALS fold, allowing for an expansion of content to match the initiative’s impressive growth.
- The IAALS Online blog is also brought under the same banner—with the same timely content you’ve come to expect over the years.
- A mobile-friendly platform allows users to access our content and resources whether in the office or on the go.
“Everyone has a stake in improving our courts and improving the civil justice system as a whole,” said IAALS Executive Director Rebecca Love Kourlis, “so we would like to expand access to the incredible and impactful work that IAALS is doing to advance the system. We hope this new website will be a wider window into our world, as well as an open door to come inside, learn more, and work with us along the way—because we can’t do it alone.”
IAALS partnered with NEWMEDIA, at https://www.newmediadenver.com, for website strategy and consulting, web design, and Drupal web development.
“NEWMEDIA is thrilled that we were chosen by the University of Denver and IAALS for this high-visibility project,” said Steve Morris, Director of Business Development. “The specific challenges present within this website consolidation, redesign, and ground-up development in Drupal made it an especially good candidate for our high level consulting expertise, and our high touch custom development and deployment team executed a fantastic result that we’re all very proud of.”